We had the good fortune of connecting with Meekah Royale and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Meekah, every day, we about how much execution matters, but we think ideas matter as well. How did you come up with the idea for your business?
My business was birthed out of pain. It was a time for change in my life and pain is often the catalyst for change. I am a firm believer that sometimes you must be uncomfortable before you become comfortable. How did I come up with the idea?
During this time I was suffering terrible pain in my lower back. I later found out my disc was completely gone and was affected the nerves in my back.
I am a dreamer and often saw things ahead of time through dreams. The was my communication with God. I kept a notebook on my night stand to often write down my dreams. One night I was dreaming of ingredients and how to use them for pain. I later researched them and got a certification in holistic healing. I began testing the formula on myself and family. However, I kept it a secret for many years. A lot of the ingredients were used since 2000 bc by Kings and Queens in Egypt. As a result I named the business Ancient Secrets Beauty.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
1. What sets me apart? For me this is not just a business. It is a calling that is connected to my divine purpose. I am an educator and healer by design.
2. I got to where I am by first seeking God, then determining what I want. So many people want help but they have no idea what they want out of life. God is my GPS but what I want is the address to where i am trying to go. From there my GPS guides me turn by turn.
3. I am most proud of creating products that really work and are divinely inspired.
4. I got to where I am by accepting every challenge and knowing that nothing happens to me. It happens for me. Using this formula allows me to go higher with every obstacle.
5. I want the world to know that my products are not just for beauty they are to heal and enhance the lives of everyone they touch.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
I am very basic when it comes to entertainment. I am a dinner and a movie type girl. However, I would probably take them to Ripley’s believe it or not. it is a place full of exciting rooms that everyone can find excitement in. I would then finish the night with a nice Seafood Cuisine. I am of Creole heritage so anything seafood is a plus for me.
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
There are so many people that I can mention in this section. However, I first give credit to God for the gift of site and healing. Secondly my 2 best friends (My Dad and Husband). My daughter Tatiana for believing in me and always being the first to use my products. To this day she is a brand ambassador and huge supporter. The most influential book for me was (The secret). Lastly my best friend and mentor, Warden Brown. She is the toughest woman I know.
Photographer Eli Orellana goatgodbydesign.com