We had the good fortune of connecting with Carnellia Ajasin and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Carnellia, can you share a quote or affirmation with us?
Yes, my favorite quote or affirmation is: “The greatest contribution to humanity is your own realization, as you uplift yourself you uplift everyone around or connected to you.” By, Dandapani – Hindu priest and entrepreneur
It’s an edifying and affirming reminder of how to live life from your highest most authentic self. Which for me, I might add is the only way to live life fully. Being truly authentic takes bravery and courage. One can only uplift others to the degree in which one’s been able to authentically uplift themselves. Although possible, contributing to humanity at that level is not for the fainted heart.
What should our readers know about your business?
CEO of Mind Katalyst, tech & innovation venture studio that partners with leading corporations, universities and entrepreneurs worldwide to repeatedly create startup & standalone studios. Validating concepts in partnership with customers and investors, we significantly de-risked startup creation – and made it exponentially more accessible to supplement innovation efforts by developing products that improves life and solve challenging problems. .
We conceive, launch, invest and scale humanity-centered next generation enterprise cloud and emerging technology enabled ventures by providing a blend of services including: product development, strategy, design, technology, and human capital. Our domain focus is centered around human needs such as financial services, Femtech, health & wellness, etc.
We are excited about the ability to serve our clients as a catalyst to building an equitable, humane and sustainable world via the products we create and work we do.
Being an entrepreneur has its challenges. Along the way I’ve had alot of false starts during my entrepreneurial journey. Each start pushed me forward and revealed sometimes clear and at other times not so clear next steps. When I started my business I knew I wanted to create a business that aligned with my values, principles and promoted having a full life of purpose and meaning. I wanted Mind Katalyst to represent a place where care, about something bigger, co-creating and investing in products that address human needs was celebrated. What I’ve learned as a business leader is that I inspire and attract the right people and opportunities is when I am consciously operating and leading from the inside out.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
There are so many beautiful experiences in Atlanta if my best friend was coming to visit and I wanted to show them the best time ever the itinerary would look something like this:
1) An over night escape to Daufuskie Island
Which can only be described as paradise beyond—Atlanta. Without a bridge to the mainland the only was to get there is via a short ferry ride. Daufuskie is the perfect destination to step back and relax, unplug from the everyday and reconnect with loved ones.
2) Head over to Serene which is a neighborhood focused on wellbeing, full of fresh food and fresh air. This community is set among acres of preserved forests and meadows with miles of nature trails that connect homes and restaurants with arts and businesses.
3) Atlanta International Night Market on Apri 22 and 23! AINM is a 2-day celebration of diversity, community, culture, and creativity at the Atlanta International Night Market and TASTE THE WORLD!
4) Day of Atlanta history as we tour Center for Civil and Human Rights, MLK district, Madam CJ Walker Museum and Werd Radio just a few blocks from the King Center in Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn district. Oh and yes on the same day we’d tour Atlanta Street Art.
5) Take bike rides on the Beltline and catch an afternoon show of live music, wine and lunch at City Winery.
6) Catch a movie at the 4-D Theater Atlanta’s first 4DX theater at Regal Atlantic Station and then head over to a lovey restaurant called The Garden Room.
7) Out to lunch at The Consulate Atlanta (international foodie where the countries on the menu change every quarter) to catch our breath and meet up with a few other friends then dinner at Atlanta’s hotest new restaurant Apartment4B then head over to The Gathering Spot for some community and entrepreneurial event.
8) An evening at Stonehurst Place followed by brunch at Lucian Books and Wine to end the wonderlust trip to the A!
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
Wow what a tough question there were so many sources of support, love, encouragement, effort and mentorship along this journey. I am so thankful to have a rather large, in tuned, resourceful tribe and community of people in support of me and whom I support on so many levels. Shout out to each and every one of them as mere words in no language could ever articulate just how tremendously thankful I am to all of their continued support and love along my journey. Shout out to you all! I’d also like to give a special shout out to my daughter and son: Star and Dimeji Ajasin they have been the greatest inspiration in the story of my life.